2021 Custom 54' (16.46 m) Custom Downeast 54
Newport, Rhode Island, United States
"The massive, open cockpit reflects her commercial lineage, but this Downeaster is anything but a rugged fishing boat. She is a trimmed-out recreational vessel with a comfortable interior designed by Newport Yacht Builders in Newport, Rhode Island." ~ Carly Sisson for Soundings While built o
Flag of Registry: United States
- Fiberglass Hull
- HIN/IMO: HKU54001H020
|Custom Downeast Yacht|
|Date Listed: 12/28/2022|
"The massive, open cockpit reflects her commercial lineage, but this Downeaster is anything but a rugged fishing boat. She is a trimmed-out recreational vessel with a comfortable interior designed by Newport Yacht Builders in Newport, Rhode Island." ~ Carly Sisson for Soundings
While built on the Mussel Ridge 54 hull, Pretti Rose is for all extent and purpose a fully custom yacht that was conceived of, and built for, an industry professional with a deep understanding of Downeast designs and yacht systems. This is a truly unique yacht built for a discerning buyer that just wants the best. This boat is just spectacular!
Certified Professional Yacht Broker with over 25 years' experience helping clients sell and purchase quality yachts. Please call Scott Woodruff, CPYB on his mobile at (954) 701-1072.
MK Yachts is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by East Coast Yacht Sales. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
Official Number: 1312944
LOA: 53' 11'' (16.43 Meters)
Type: Power- Used
Beam: 17' 4''
LWL: 51' 10''
Draft Max: 6' 0''
Maximum Speed: 23 Knots
Cruise Speed: 20 Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 1050 Gallons (3974.68 Liters)
Fresh Water: 500 Gallons (1892.71 Liters)
Holding Tank: 150 Gallons (567.81 Liters)
Displacement: 50000 lbs
Designer: Newport Yacht Builders
Builder: Hutchinson Composite
Photos click to view all
- Engine Make: MAN
- Engine Model: V12-1550CR
- Engine Year: 2020
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: V
- Power HP: 1550.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 50.00
- Hours Date: 12-01-2022
- Engine Location: Middle
- Generator Make: Northern Lights
- Generator Model: M843NW3G
- Generator KW: 12.00
- Generator RPM: 1800.00
- Generator Hours: 12.00
"Pretti Rose may be built on a commercial hull and enjoy the performance benefits inherent to her Downeast design, but her interior is entirely yacht-like. Her Herreshoff styling, with white paint and dark wood, makes the space feel bright and modern, while traditional touches—like the vintage ship’s wheel from Rosebank Ironworks Edinburgh—suit her classic lines.
Newport Yacht Builders made some interesting and practical layout choices. The cockpit is entirely empty aside from an aft bench seat and a small sunpad near the pilothouse. This created enough space to install slides in the deck, so the aft bench can roll forward to open the transom, and the sunpad can roll aft for engine room access. The generator and single 1,550-hp diesel MAN V-12 engine with V-drive transmission are both located beneath the cockpit for sound mitigation in the pilothouse, which is where the modern styling truly creeps in.
While Pretti Rose’s clean cockpit design resembles her workhorse ancestry, the pilothouse is designed for entertaining and livability. With the boat’s impressive beam of 17 feet, 4 inches, there is ample space for a convenient and social galley-up design, with generous counter space, large appliances and a deep double sink. Next to the galley is an L-shaped lounge with dinette, positioned directly behind the helm station.
In the cabin, the master stateroom resides in the bow, and a smaller stateroom with two twin berths is to port. The head is roomy, with easy access to the boat’s systems through the shower. There is also a second head, which is accessed through the cockpit and leads into the third stateroom, which could be used as captain’s quarters.
Perhaps the most practical features on Pretti Rose are her bow and stern thrusters, two additions for which I felt appreciative as Dana maneuvered the boat away from the dock, rotating her 180 degrees with very slim clearance between her and her neighbor, Consolidated. We settled into the cockpit for an early November cruise around the harbor, where Pretti Rose feels perfectly comfortable cruising at 20 knots, with a 23-knot top end." ~ Carly Sisson for Soundings
All deck hardware is bronze.
- (2) Bow bitt and stern bitts, (custom made by TMG)
- (6) Deck cleats, Hereshoff 15”
- (2) Transom hawse pipes
- Extruded PVC Rub Rail White 2-5/8” (3 pieces at 50'L), PVC Spray Rail White 2” (6 pieces at 25'L)
- (2) Cabin top cowl vents
- (2) Cabin side cowl vents
- (4) Cabin top hatches, Lewmar Size 30 low profile
- (3) Cabin forward face round port lights
- (2) Cabin port side pocket cabin portlights
- (6) Cabin trunk portlights
- (4) Hull topside windows, port side only
- (4) Pilot house top hatches, Lewmar Size 30 low profile
- Cockpit sole track for transom door and engine cover, Harken 1” CB R27 1602
- Side entrance doors port and starboard, custom made by JTMC
- (8) Port and forward Diamond Sea Glaze windshield windows 106TH Off-White T9130 Finish, top hinged opening
- (4) Imtra W10/12 heavy duty Pantograph windshield wipers, 600MM
- (4) Bronze grab rails on cabin and house top, custom made by TMG
- Starboard enclosure, aft Enclosure and door into pilot house – polycarbonate 80 Gauge
- Atlas carbon Baby Davit 1500 manual dinghy hoist with (3) socket locations
The main engine is a single 1,550 hp diesel engine connected to a remote V-drive transmission with a prop shaft on centerline. Primary engine controls are located at the helm. Secondary engine controls are in the starboard cockpit.
- MAN V12-1550CR, 1550 hp at 2300 rpm, painted white
- Sea water after cooled with SW injected elbow and jacket water pump
- 24v DC start
- 120 amp alternator for starting bank, 150 amp alternator for house bank
- Block heaters, 230v AC, 2 x 1100W
- (4) Resilient engine mounts
- Twin Disk MGX-5146RV marine transmission,
- Heat exchanger
- Vulkan ISS-VL3211S remote coupling
- MSI shaft 687.65x225 drive shaft
- Engine driven emergency bilge pump with electric clutch
- Twin Disk EC300 top mount controls at helm
- Twin Disk EJS Express joystick system
- Dynamic positioning
Sea Water Cooling
- Main engine single 3” intake thru hull with sea strainer
- Groco 3” thru hull #TH-3000-W, 3” seacock #BV-3000
- DeAngelo 12” wet exhaust system along starboard side
- 12” Marlin in-line muffler
- Dry riser off engine with 3” sea water inlet
- (2) GRP 12” watertight bulkhead penetration
- (2) Support stanchions for cross over pipe
- 12” GRP silicone fire retardant exhaust hose
- 12” Exhaust outlet at transom counter
Shafting and Propeller
- 38” x 38” diameter, 5 blade Nibral custom Veem propeller
- 3 1⁄2” diameter Aquamet 22 shaft, 21’-3” long
- (2) Johnson Duramax cutlass bearings, brass 3.5”ID x 4.5” OD, DOCK Bearing
- PSS Pro dripless shaft seal, #03-312-512 for 3.5” shaft, 5.5” shaft log
- Centek FRP shaft log, 4.22” ID x 5.5” OD, 16’-6” long, (X2 at 10'FT Each)
- Shaft Shark
The steering system is a power assisted hydraulic system with twin rams. The power steering pump is engine driven. The autopilot is electrically activated hydraulic pump. The steering wheel is on the starboard side of the helm area, the autopilot jog lever and control are located to port at the navigation station.
- Jastram helm pump H58
- 1.5L Header tank, HFU360 follow-up unit
- Standard Mussel Ridge 48’ stainless steel rudder
There is a Gyro stabilizer onboard. The gyro runs off 110v AC power and is air cooled. It is located in the mechanical space aft of the shower. Wiring and inverter are included so that the gyro can be run off battery power.
- Zipwake Series E Kit Box 1000 39.37” (1000mm) #ZW2012013
- Seakeeper 9 Gyro 43.5”Wx41.5”Dx36.25”H, #90221
The primary electrical system is a 24v DC system powered by the house battery bank with a C-Zone digital switching control and monitoring system. The house bank is charged by the main engine, battery charger and house top solar panels. All lighting and systems are 24v DC. There is a generator that provides 120/240v AC power when not connected to shore power.
- House bank, (8) 8D AGM batteries, 200 Ah each, 1000 Ah total at 24v
- Main engine start bank, (2) 8D AGM batteries, 200 Ah each, 1700 CCA at 24v
- Generator start bank, (2) G31 AGM batteries, 105 Ah each, 1100 CCA at 24v
- (3) On/Both/Off battery switches for battery banks, Blue Sea #3003
- Dedicated C-Zone displays for monitoring and control at main helm
- Mastervolt DC Master 24/12-24, 24 to 12v DC converter to power 12 v electronics
- House top solar panels, Layout SR: 6xSR248, 4xSR217, 4xSR144, SR62, 2xSR93,
- Total Power: 3.180 Wp, qty (17) with charge controller
- 120/240v AC single phase power
- 125/250v, 50a Shore power
- Northern Lights 12 kW generator
- Mastervolt Chargemaster battery charger 24/100-3, 100a, 3 bank, #44021000
- 150 Amp alternator for service batteries (not connected)
- MasterView touch screen charger status panel, #77010305
- (2) Mastervolt AC Master inverters 24/2000, 2 kW
There is a Northern Lights M843NW3G, 12 kW generator located in the mechanical room aft of the shower. The generator is sea water cooled with a water drop muffler. The primary control panel is located at the main AC panel.
- 12 kW at 1800 rpm, 60 Hz single phase (12 hours)
- Sound enclosure
- 24v DC start, 24v DC alternator
- Sea water heat exchanger, 2” wet exhaust
- Groco 1” thru hull #TH-1000-W, 1” seacock #BV-1000
- Groco 1” sea strainer, ARG-1000
- Racor fuel filter, 500 MA, 60 gph
- Basic generator control panel located at generator
- Deluxe remote start/stop panel located at main AC panel
- Centek GenSep water drop muffler, #1029005, 2” in/out, 1.5” drain
- Centek Vernatone MKII round inline muffler, #1400003, round, 2” in/out
- 125/250v, 50a Shore power cord, 50ft, 3 pole, 4 wire
- (2) Marinco shore power inlet, #6373ELB
- All lighting to be LED, 24v DC
- Navigation lights
- Remote spotlight with controls at starboard helm
- Interior dome lights with switch
- Reading lights at each bunk
- (6) Engine room utility lights
- Red lights at navigation table
- Courtesy lights in interior walkways
- (2) Aft cockpit flood lights
- (2) Underwater lights at transom, Lumishore TIX803 Supra blue and white 10-30VDC, #LM600342 internal drive
- USB outlet at each bunk, nav and helm area
- 120v AC outlets in both heads, galley, mechanical and engine room
- External hull zincs with bonding wire to electrical ground system
- Lightning protection on mast with bonding wire
- Magnetic compass at helm, backlit
- Simrad radar, 24” radome
- Simrad GPS/chartplotter
- Simrad autopilot
- Simrad AIS
- Simrad depth
- Simrad VHF
- Simrad Portable VHF
- Horn air powered, dual trumpet
- Fusion Stereo with speakers in the bridge and cockpit
The refrigerators and freezers are Vitrifrigo under the counter, drawer units. There is a freezer unit under the port side navigator seat, a fridge unit under the galley counter and a day fridge unit in the cockpit.
- Vitrifrigo DW70 drawer refrigerator, 24v DC
- Vitrifrigo DW100 sea drawer refrigerator, 24v DC
- Vitrifrigo DRW180A refrigerator/freezer, 24v DC
- Remote sea water cooled compressors
- Galley units include a remote electronic thermostat and control
- MIELE H6200BM 60CM Speed oven
- MIELE KM63651 induction flush stove
- Washer/dryer, SpendideXC2200XC, 240v AC, vented dryer, drains to grey tank
The freshwater system consist of two integral FRP tanks, 1 pressure pump, 1 high pressure wash down pump, 1 accumulator tank, 1 20 gallon water heater and a house top rain collection system. The freshwater system supplies water to the shower, transom shower, (3) sinks and (2) freshwater flush heads.
- Integral FRP freshwater tanks, 240-gallon port/260-gallon starboard
- Pressure pump, 4.5 gpm at 30 psi
- Hi pressure wash down pump, 2.9 gpm at 40 psi
- Jabsco Pump Guard strainer before each pump
- Water heater, Raritan #1720-1203, 20 gal, 4500W heater, 220v AC
- Deck fills, 1 1⁄2” deck plate labelled WATER
- 12” inspection/clean out port in the top of each tank
- Piping 1⁄2” color coded PEX poly tubing, blue-cold, red-hot
- Galley sink, Elkay Crosstown stainless steel 32-1/2” x 20-1/2” x 9” offset double bowl undermount sink with water deck #ECTRUD31199R
- (2)Wash basin, Kohler Caxton oval 15x12 in heads
- Owner’s shower, Kohler 8” rain-head with Katalyst, 2.5GPM
- Day head shower, Whale twist deck Shower #DS0006
- Transom shower, Kohler 8” rain-head with Katalyst, 2.5GPM
- All outlets to have shut off valves in each line for service
- Drains included at low points of lines for winterization
The fuel system piping allows any of the two fuel tanks to supply fuel to the main engine and generator and return to any tank. Each tank has a dedicated fill on the side deck and vent on the topsides. The fuel filters and lines are sized for a max flow of 160 gph for the main engine.
- (2) Welded 1⁄4” 5052-H32 aluminum diesel 525-gallon tanks
- 2” fill with cam lock fitting, 1” supply, 3⁄4” vent, 3⁄4” return
- Stainless steel shut off for supply and selector valves for supply and return
- Supply and return manifold with main engine and generator connections
- Racor duplex fuel filter 75/1000 MAX, 180/360 gph max flow
Waste Water System
The head system consists of a holding tank, two electric heads, a deck pump out deck plate and a macerator overboard discharge pump. Each head is plumbed to a Y-valve that leads to either the holding tank or directly overboard. The holding tank is either pumped out via a deck plate or pumped overboard with a macerator pump.
- Tecma Silence Plus High, 24v DC electric head fresh and salt flush (Owners)
- Tecma Silence Plus Short, 24v DC electric head fresh and salt flush (Day Head)
- Fresh water inlet and salt water supply for heads
- Discharge from head directly to dedicated holding tank or overboard thru a Y-valve
- Waste tank, 150 gal, integral FRP tank on CL
- Deck plate for holding tank pump out, 1 1⁄2” labeled WASTE
- Odor filter for holding tank vent
- Overboard discharge via macerator pump with locking Y-valve
- Jabsco #18590-2094 macerator pump, 24v DC, 1 1⁄2” outlet
- Forespar 1 1⁄2” thru hull
- All piping to be 1 1⁄2” Sch 40 PVC
- All hose Sea Land Odor Safe 1 1⁄2” flexible hose
- Holding tank includes Domestic waste tank level sensor, TWIII
Grey Water System
The sinks drain directly overboard to a thru hull located in the boot stripe. The forward shower and washer/dryer drain directly to a 90 gal integral FRP grey water tank and pumped overboard with a dedicated pump. The aft wet head shower in the day head will drain into a dedicated sump and pump.
- Integral FRP grey water tank, 90 gallon on centerline
- Grey tank pump, Whale Gulper 220, BP1554, 24v DC, 3.7 gpm
- Rule model 98B-24, sump and pump, 2-gallon capacity, 11 gpm pump capacity
Oil Change System
A dedicated oil change pump is plumbed to the main engine, transmission, and generator for dirty oil extraction. The pump has a flexible discharge line that empties into portable container.
- Reverso GP703, 3 valve, 24v DC, 3 gpm, heavy duty
Engine room has port and starboard louvers located inboard under side decks aft of side entrance doors. Louvers are sized to provide adequate engine air without the need of supply fans. A single extraction fan is mounted in the aft engine room bulkhead.
- Extraction fan 11” Delta-T radial fan, 1400 cfm max flow
- Automatic ventilation duct closure connected to engine room fire suppression system
There are forward cowl vents port and starboard mounted on the cabin top on Dorade boxes for interior accommodations ventilation. There are cowls mounted to the cabin trunk side to provide ventilation to the gyro/mechanical space to starboard and the pocket cabin to port.
- (4) 4” Cast bronze cowl vent
- (2) JTMC Dorade boxes
Air conditioning is provided for each of the three cabins and the helm area with self-contained compressors and air handlers. The compressors are cooled by a common sea water pump.
- Domestic Marine split system air conditioning, 230v AC, single phase, 410A refrigerant
- (4) Vector Turbo compressor and air handlers
- Vector Turbo VTD8 for pocket cabin
- (2) Vector Turbo VTD12 for owner’s and pocket cabin
- Vector Turbo VTD16 for bridge deck area
There are port and starboard anchors with hawse pipes located in the topsides. Two anchor windlasses are mounted on the foredeck with chain pipes leading into the chain locker directly below the anchor windlasses.
- (2) THR Marine HHP-POOL anchors, 32 kg (70 lbs.), stainless steel
- (2) Muir Atlantic VRC3500 polished bronze windlass, 24v DC, 1500W, capstan with 3/8” HT chain gypsy
- Primary rode high tensile grade 43 (G43) 3/8” chain, 250ft long, marked every 25ft
- Secondary rode high tensile grade 43 (G43) 3/8” chain, 250ft long, marked every 25ft
- (2) Bronze chain stopper for 10MM Chain, #1265-010
There are three (3) submersible bilge pumps with dedicated float switches. Each bilge pump has a dedicated discharge located on the starboard side in the boot top. In addition to these, there is an engine mounted bilge pump with electric clutch with a dedicated suction and discharge.
- (3) Rule model 12, 24vDC, 2000 gph, 1 1/8” dia., discharge line
- (3) Rule float switch, model 35
- Jabsco #50080-2101, 24vDC, 2A belt groove, 18 gpm, bronze, 1” in/out
- Emergency engine driven bilge pump with electric clutch
There is a Fireboy automatic fire extinguishing system located in the engine room to protect both the main engine and the generator.
- Engine room, 500 ft3 space, 502-1115 Seafire Novec 1230 pre-engineered fire suppression system NFD 600 M manual/automatic
- Pull cable assembly 12'
- Engine shutdown control 6 circuit 9-32 VDC
- System monitor and engine shutdown control
- B402 Amerex 5lb
- (3) ABC Fire Extinguisher (3A:40BC)
- 2.5# ABC extinguisher Amerex B417T (1A”10BC
- (3) Smoke alarms, battery operated
- (3) CO2 alarms, battery operated
Represented by a Certified Professional Yacht Broker (CPYB)
A Certified Professional Yacht Broker (CPYB) is recognized as having achieved the highest level of industry accreditation, available only to fully-qualified yacht sales professionals. The CPYB program is administered by Yacht Brokers Association of America in partnership with Florida Yacht Brokers Association, Northwest Yacht Brokers Association, California Yacht Brokers Association, Boating Ontario Dealers, British Columbia Yacht Brokers Association and Gulf Coast Yacht Brokers Association.
The CPYB program is also endorsed by the Marine Retailers Association of the Americas (MRAA) Marine Industry Certified Dealership (MICD) program and leading yacht manufacturers as a key component of their own industry standards; the highest level of achievement for their member yacht sales professionals.
Experience & Validity
The CPYB designation is earned by eligible yacht sales professionals, who, after serving a minimum of three years as a full-time professional, have successfully completed a comprehensive written examination to validate professional competency.
A CPYB is committed to their personal and professional development through continuing education, as mandated for CPYB recertification every three years.
Ethics & Standards
A CPYB adheres to, and is accountable to, a nationally recognized Code of Business Ethics and conducts yacht sales transactions in accordance with a stringent set of industry standards of practice.
A CPYB maintains a dedicated escrow/trust account to protect their client’s funds. A CPYB understands their fiduciary responsibility and obligations with respect to client funds.
A CPYB uses proven, industry-recognized transaction documents, which fully and clearly describe all terms and conditions of a transaction.
Honesty & Integrity
A CPYB maintains the highest standards of professionalism, acting with honesty and integrity.
Trust & Confidence
A CPYB instills confidence, trust and consistency in all transactions involving fellow yacht sales professionals for the benefit of the client.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.