2005 Symbol 74' (22.56 m) 68 PILOTHOUSE
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Refit Year: 2020 TJ Squared
2005 SYMBOL 68 PILOTHOUSE (Refit in 2018 and 2021) The Symbol 68 Pilothouse by naval architect Jack Sarin, world- renowned designer of Westport Yachts, West Bay SonShip, Crescent, and other well-known motor yachts. Large enough for extended cruising but small enough for a couple.
Flag of Registry: United States
Port of Registry: Miami, FL
- Motor Yachts / Pilothouse
- FRP Hull
- HIN/IMO: SYC68018I405
$ 795,000 USD
2005 SYMBOL 68 PILOTHOUSE
(Refit in 2018 and 2021)
Currently Docked in Palm City, FL
This second owner, never chartered, motor yacht is so easy to handle a couple can sail her on their own without crew. The Symbol 68 Pilothouse by naval architect Jack Sarin, world- renowned designer of Westport Yachts, West Bay SonShip, Crescent, and other well-known motor yachts. Large enough for extended cruising but small enough for a couple to handle without crew. The interior is gorgeous satin cherry wood with granite countertops and neutral carpet & fabrics. The layout features three full cabins with two en-suite heads. A spacious aft deck, fully covered wide side decks, and a comfortable bow sun pad makes this a truly versatile cruiser. This professionally maintained 68 Pilothouse also features two stairwells to the flybridge, located in the pilothouse and the aft deck. The flybridge is a large covered area with dual helm seats, a dinette and a boat deck for the tender. This vessel has been flawlessly maintained to the highest standards.
MK Yachts is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by JFA Yacht & Ship. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
Official Number: 1168389
In Stock: Yes
LOA: 72' (21.95 Meters)
Type: Power- Used
Refit Year: 2020
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: FRP
Photos click to view all
Beautiful Cherry Wood Interior
The interior features satin-finished cherry wood paneling. The galley countertop is granite, and all heads have black granite countertops, teak & holly flooring and Grohe fixtures. The carpeting throughout is a beige, low-cut, luxurious pile.
Window treatments are highlighted by Hunter Douglas silhouette blinds in the salon. Headliners are high-quality Majilite vinyl material with a custom cherry wood ceiling design in the salon. Large viewing windows are found on the main deck and stainless steel opening port lights provide natural light in the staterooms. Cabinet pulls, door hardware and plumbing fixtures are satin-finished brass. All stateroom closets are cedar-lined and storage is maximized.
The Salon is spacious, featuring a 10' L-shaped, fabric covered sofa, an easy chair and a hi-lo table with inlaid wood top. A long set of port side cabinets house a glass cabinet and the entertainment center with pop- up LED TV. The Galley is forward and to starboard. Galley has a full size Sub Zero Refrigerator with door locks, double stainless sink, bulkhead mounted GE microwave, GE cooktop, GE oven, Dishwasher, Uline ice maker (new 2019) and a trash compactor
Walking forward, the Pilothouse is up three stairs with a U-shaped settee that seats six to starboard, a helm station and a Stidd helm seat with another fold down seat to starboard. Wing pantograph-style doors on either side provide access to the covered walkaround side decks. A wood stairwell to port leads up to the flybridge.
Owner and guest quarters are reached via the port stairwell in the Pilothouse. The Master Stateroom is located aft with a private head to port. The master berth is king size with the headboard to starboard and easy underneath access with 2 drawers. A sliding door leads to the master bath with a large shower to port.
Forward and to starboard through the companionway is a cozy and inviting Guest Stateroom which houses twin side-by-side berths. The VIP Stateroom occupies the bow and features a centerline queen berth with a shared head.
Caterpillar 3406 Engines
Engines have been routinely maintained by Caterpillar Service technicians on or ahead of recommended schedule.
The Engine Room is accessed from the aft deck via a concealed door in the staircase to the Flybridge. Full stand-up headroom with convenient access throughout. The Engine Room is dressed in white, perforated aluminum with foam / lead sound shielding behind. The twin CAT 3406 800Hp engines are mounted on one-piece polished stainless steel beds. Two 600-gallon fuel tanks run athwartship forward in the Engine Room for superior balance (connected via hoses with ball valves, sight gauges, and distribution manifold).
- ZF 350A transmissions
- Racor dual FG 1000 fuel / water separators (per engine) Dual FG500 fuel / water separators (per genset)
- Reverso oil change system
- Glendinning electronic controls (2-stations)
- 2 - 24 volt starter batteries (new in August 2021)
- (6) Rule Automatic / manual bilge pumps
- Wesmar hydraulic bow and stern thrusters ,
- Seawater strainers with ball valves
- Engine room ventilation system
Hull and Deck
The hull has shallow propeller pockets and is solid FRP layup. Hull sides, decking and superstructure are all foam-core laminate. Windows are designed for excellent visibility in the Pilothouse and Salon. All are tempered safety glass with tinted sides and are frameless with silicone seams.
All four water tanks and three holding tanks are plastic. Drains, sumps and bilges are connected to a common manifold FRP tube which runs lengthwise down each side and discharges under the swim platform. Main exhausts are the underwater type with stern bypasses. Air intakes (E/R) and fuel vents are mounted inside on the walk-around side decks. The Aft Deck is sizeable and highlighted by the previously mentioned built-in stairway to the Flybridge. The Lazarette can be accessed by means of a large deck hatch. It offers convenient contact with the heavy-duty, all stainless steel steering gear and provides plenty of storage.
The transom door opens to an integral Swim Platform with concealed swim ladder. The main and forward decking is covered with molded pyramid non-skid. The wide walk-around side decks are covered. All deck rails and fittings are top quality polished 316-grade stainless steel. The Foredeck houses dual anchor hatches and an anchor pulpit.
The Flybridge features an L-shaped settee with teak table aft of two Recro helm chairs. A barbecue and sink are located to starboard. Mini refrigerator is to port.
- Aquamet 22 shafting
- Stainless steel one-pair struts with rubber cutlass bearings Hynautic trim tabs
- Stidd Admiral series helm chair in pilothouse Exalto windshield wipers and washers
- Aritex brand polished stainless steel Sliding salon door and aft window frames
- Wesmar 4000 Hydraulic Windlass 3 station controls
- Wesmar hydraulic stabilizers rebuilt 2018 with new larger fins
- Large Wesmar hydraulic System with 2 Hydraulic Pumps
- Air Compressor engine room
Electronics and Navigation
- Furuno NavNet 3D autopilot in pilothouse and flybridge
- CCTV system (displays on monitors)
- Furuno RD30 multi-function instrument units, flybridge LCD TV's in Master Stateroom, VIP, and Guest staterooms
- (5) Furuno NavNet monitors with GPS
- Color plotters / radar / video depth finders in pilothouse and flybridge
- ICOM M602 and Standard Horizon VHF in pilothouse and flybridge with extra receivers in Salon
- Danforth compasses in pilothouse and flybridge
- Clarion AM/FM/CD units in all three staterooms Rudder angle indicator
- Wesmar 360 degree aimable sonar, 2 control stations (new 2018)
- FLIR unit 2 control stations, new 2018
- LED spotlight controls Pilothouse and flybridge
Electrical - Generator
- All wiring is color-coded, numbered and neatly secured in wire looms per ABYC guidelines Northern Lights 16 kW genset with remote panel
- Northern Lights 16 kW genset with remote panel (Both Generators have water separators with under water exhausts
- Newmar 4000-watt inverter (doubles as a charger located with the house bank under forward companionway)
- 12-V DC / 30-amp battery charger
- 24-V DC / Battery Charger
- Guest brand battery switches
- Shorepower inlet - 125-V AC, 50-amp 125 / 250 VAC distribution panel with thermal circuit breakers in pilothouse. Power inlets midship on both sides.
- Blue Seas multi-meter gauges (monitor 5 load groups)
- July 2021 Bottom Paint project at Rybovich Palm Beach ( 2 coats of Petit Trinidad Pro bottom paint w/ 3 coat belly band and Prop Speed on all underwater metal surfaces)
- Tender Crane/Davit complete rebuild in June 2021
- Water maker Max Q-FCI 600 gal per day ? rebuilt with new membrane 2020
- KVH satellite system for internet and satellite TV
- New Salon Audio Visual System 2021 with Sonos throughout vessel
- Satellite radio receivers flybridge and salon
- Pop up TV in lower helm station
2015 AB 15ft, Yamaha 70 HP outboard, Serviced June 2021 with Bimini top and chart plotter
Jack Sarin is renowned for designing and engineering superior, seaworthy hulls with tons of volume, and aesthetically pleasing lines resistant to trends. The ride on a Symbol is flat, comfortable, and quiet in all points of coastal wave conditions. Moreover, she's easy to handle and to maneuver.
Vessel Locations & Events
Soverel Harbour Marina
2401 PGA Boulevard
Palm Beach Gardens FL 33410